Bicubic is a beautiful theme built for news and blogging. It was created for easy reading. Each post-type is displayed in the way to give maximum attention to your content. With Bicubic Theme scrolling becomes a pleasurable journey. The design is neither overbearing nor busy. Each element of Bicubic has been designed with meticulous detail to provide you with full control over your page. It allows you to present your content in a clear and structured manner. Bicubic is fully compliant with BestWebSoft products, thus, such plugins, as PDF & Print and Gallery will suit your website perfectly. That is why, if you install this Theme you will prevent any possible compatibility troubles as well as extend your site’s functionality significantly.
Theme is translation-ready. Current available translations:
* Russian (ru_RU)
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme
* In Bicubic Theme the following 4 External fonts from Google Webfonts are used:
– Droid Sans Regular which are under Apache License Version 2.0
– Droid Sans Bold which are under Apache License Version 2.0 – Open Sans Regular which are under Apache License Version 2.0
– Open Sans Bold which are under Apache License Version 2.0 You may obtain a copy of the Apache License Version 2.0 at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0. You may obtain a copy of the GPLv3 Licence http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
* In Bicubic Theme the following js and htc files from “/js” Folder are used:
– jquery.placeholder.js which are under MIT licence Version 2
– pie.htc which are under the Apache License Version 2.0 and GPL Version 2. You may obtain a copy of the Apache License Version 2.0 at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0. You may obtain a copy of the MIT Licence http://opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php. You may obtain a copy of the GPLv2 Licence http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
* Everything else used in this theme has been created by the Bestwebsoft team,
specially for Bicubic theme and is distributed under GPL license.
- 1. Upload the
Bicubicfolder to the
- 2. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
Installation using “Add New Theme”:
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the select menu Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘Bicubic’.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
- 5. Activate the theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress.
For featured images of posts or pages we recommend using the proportions 540x280px (width/height).
Theme supports custom background-color. Default color is #eeeeee
Theme supports custom menu in one location “main menu” in header.
The Theme includes standard widgets.
By default in sidebar the following widgets will be displayed: recent posts, recent comments, archive and categories.
You can change the set of widgets yourself.
How to use custom-bachground?
You can change color of background easily through Admin UI (Dashboard): use the select menu Appearance -> Customise -> Colors -> Background color
How can I create a custom menu?
You need to go to Dashboard and use select menu Appearance -> Menus. You must be at ‘Edit Menu’ tab, find the button “or create new menu” and click it. Then just drag and drop the necessary pages from the list of pages to menu. Don’t forget to save your new menu after that.
How to set custom menu to main menu section?
You need to go to Dashboard and use the select menu Appearance -> Menus. Then go to ‘Manage locations’ tab and select the menu that you want to set.
How to add widgets to the sidebar?
You just need go to Dashboard and use the select menu Appearance -> Menus. Then drag and drop the necessary widgets to the sidebar area.
How to change language from English to Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' ).
Theme home page
V1.6 – 16.04.2015
* Update: We updated the theme to WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: Theme screenshot was updated.
* Bugfix: We fixed width of the sidebar.
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php.
V1.5 – 31.07.2014
* Bugfix: We fixed bugs in header.php, searchform.php.
V1.4 – 29.07.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
* New: We added bicubic.pot file.
* Bugfix: We fixed bugs in script.js.
V1.3 – 07.05.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.
* Update: Removed unnecessary code.
V1.2 – 14.01.2014
* Update: The page/post blank title bug was fixed.
V1.1 – 14.01.2014
* Bugfix: Header text color bug was fixed.
* Bugfix: Custom background bug was fixed.
* Bugfix: Translate errors were fixed.
V1.0.2 – 15.12.2014
* NEW: Custom header support was added.
* NEW: Custom background support was added.
V1.0.1 – 11.12.2013
* Update: The info about copyrights for Resources used in this theme was updated.
V1.0 – 10.12.2013
* NEW: Bicubic theme release.