Looking for a balanced yet highly flexible theme for your website? If so, let us introduce a breathtaking solution! Kingdom is a unique theme that can easily bring your website to perfection. Neat, dainty and extremely easy to use, this theme will truly make your website stand out. Also, you can rest assured that your site’s purpose will not be overshadowed by the abundance of little details – with Kingdom, you receive a simplistic, yet utterly functional wrap for your ideas. Although there is no limit to the fields this theme can be applied to, we believe it is best suited for Construction, Daily news, Cultural overviews, Fashion magazines, Sports reviews, Distribution sevices, Storage services, Network companies, Travel agencies, Workshops, Travel advice, Travel reviews.
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for resources used in this theme
* 2 External fonts from Google Webfonts are used in Kingdom Theme:
1. Open Sans font can be found: http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans Apache License v2.00 Copyright 2013, Steve Matteson
2. Cuprum font can be found: http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Cuprum SIL Open Font License, 1.1 Copyright 2014, Jovanny Lemonad
* images located in ‘images’ folder were created by BestWebSoft team and they are licensed under the GPL.
* The following js-files are used in the Kingdom Theme:
1. jquery.formstyler.min.js in the “js” folder License: MIT License. (c) Dimox | http://dimox.name/jquery-form-styler/
2. ‘html5.js’ file: HTML5 Shiv v3.6 | @afarkas @jdalton @jon_neal @rem | MIT/GPL2 Licensed Source: https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv
3. other js-files in the “js” folder License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft Kingdom incorporates code from Twenty Twelve Theme by WordPress team, Copyright 2012 WordPress, released under GPL.
Everything else used in this theme has been created by BestWebSoft, especially for the Phat theme and is distributed under GPL license.
kingdom folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘kingdom’.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- .4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activiation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
After the theme has been installed the metabox “Slider Settings” will appear in the WordPress admin panel in the post editing section.
In this metabox you will see two input fields: text-field and checkbox. If you check the checkbox, the featured image of this particular post will appear in the slider.
Every post (or page) has its own metabox, so if you go to another post (or page) and check the checkbox there the featured image of that post (or page) will be added to the slider as well, and the slider will have two slides. You can get as many posts (or pages) to the slider as you want.
The slider itself is located on the frontpage and consists of three parts: title (title of post), image (featured image of post), description (short description typed into the text-field in the metabox “Slider Settings”).
Post Thumbnail Functionality
By default, Post Thumbnails will appear when posts are being viewed in gallery mode,
in blog mode and also in single posts. Post Thumbnails will not work for pages and posts with post-formats: aside, image, link, status, quote.
Post Formats: Aside, Image, Link, Status, Quote
Kingdom WordPress theme only supports these post formats. And stylize them in a certain way. Other post formats will be displayed as normal posts.
The Theme includes a standard Widget.
How to use the Post Formats?
Create a new Post or edit an existing start and select one of the options from the right box “Format”. Use the Post Formats to customize its presentation of a post.
How to use the thumbnail and caption?
Create a new Post or edit an existing start. You must find the box “Featured Image” and click the “Set featured image”. You’ll see a window with your media library. Select one of the images or upload other and to the right will “Attachment Details”. Where you can add the caption for your image.
How to locate the theme?
In order to use another language for WordPress it is necessary to switch the WP version to the required language and in the configuration wp file –
wp-config.php in the line
define('WPLANG', ''); write
define('WPLANG', 'de_DE');. If everything is done properly admin panel will be in German.
If the theme is still not located the following instructions:
- 1. Make sure that there are the files `de_DE.po` and `de_DE.mo` in the languages folder which is in the root of the theme.
- 2. If there are no such files you should copy “kingdom.po” from this folder and rename them (you should write “de_DE.po”).
- 3. The files can be edited with the help of the program Poedit – http://www.poedit.net/download.php – please download this program, install it, open the file with this program (required language file) and for each line in English write translation in German.
- 4. If everything is done properly all lines will be in German in the admin panel and in the front-end.
Theme home page
v1.5 – 29.07.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
* Update: Updated css styles for select elements.
v1.4 – 06.05.2014
* Update: We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.
* Update: Moved JS for IE from header.php to function.php.
* Update: Renamed WordPress by WordPress in all strings.
* NEW: Added kingdom.pot.
v1.3 – 25.02.2014
* Update: The slider styles including was updated.
v1.2 – 21.02.2014
* NEW: Added copyright information.
* Update: Replaced get_stylesheet_directory_uri() with get_template_directory_uri().
* NEW: Ability to use the theme in your site.