Progression is a theme that represents movement, innovation and technological advancement. With its elegant design and a whole pack of useful features this theme will turn your website into the fortress of IT and computer knowledge. At the same time, Progression is very simple to master, so even if you are a newbie to WordPress, you will hardly find any difficulties working with this theme. Also, this theme will be great for News magazines, Distribution Services, News Network sites, Movie news, Movie reviews, Sports News, Daily news, Sport newspapers, Sports magazines and Government agencies. Check out Progression and take a large step towards progress!
* Cross-browser compatible
* Two-column design
* Animated Image Slider
* Threaded comments
* Customizable header image
* Main colors: white, blue, gray
* Russian (ru_RU)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Copyrights for Resources used in this theme.
* 1 External font from Google Webfonts is used in Progression Theme:
– Open Sans – http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Open+Sans License: Apache License Version 2.0 Copyright: Steve Matteson, https://profiles.google.com/107777320916704234605/about
* The following js-files are used in the Progression Theme:
– pie.htc in the “ie” folder License: Apache License Version 2.0 and GPL Version 3. Copyright: Jason Johnston, https://raw.github.com/lojjic/PIE/master/LICENSE-APACHE2.txt
– bws-gallery-portfolio.js, bws-gallery-aside.js, ie.js, slcript.js in the “js” folder License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
* The following images are used in the “img” folder in the Progression Theme
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later Copyright: the Bestwebsoft team, https://github.com/bestwebsoft
progression folder to the
Installation using “Add New Theme”
- 1. From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Themes -> Add New.
- 2. Search for ‘progression’.
- 3. Click the ‘Install’ button to open the theme’s repository listing.
- 4. Click the ‘Install’ button.
Activiation and Use
Activate the Theme through the ‘Themes’ menu in WordPress
After the theme is installed the metabox “Slider Settings” will appear in the WordPress admin panel in the post editing section.
In this metabox you will see two input fields: text-field and checkbox. If you check the checkbox the featured image of this particular post will appear in the slider.
Every post (or page) has its own metabox, so if you go to another post (or page) and check the checkbox there the featured image of that post (or page) will be added to the slider as well, and the slider will have tow slides. You can get as many posts (or pages) to the slider as you want.
The slider itself is located on the frontpage and consists of three parts: title (title of post), image (featured image of post), description (short description typed into the text-field in the metabox “Slider Settings”).
Post Thumbnail Functionality
To post thumbnails we recommend using the image with width equal to 503px.
How can I change language from English into Russian?
WordPress v4.0 and above:
Change the language in the admin settings screen. Settings > General > Site Language.
WordPress v3.9.2 and below:
In the main catalog of your WordPress site, please find wp-config.php file, open it and change
define( 'WPLANG', '' ); for
define( 'WPLANG', 'ru_RU' );
Can I choose a place to display the Slider?
Does the theme support widgets?
Yes, this theme includes widgets. The following widgets are shown by default: search, recent posts, recent comments, archives, categories.
What will happen if menu reaches the end of the screen?
If menu reaches the end of the screen, the menu will be reflected in the opposite direction.
Theme home page
V1.9 – 12.05.2015
* Update: Unnecessary scripts was removed from functions.php.
* Update: Unnecessary files bws-gallery-portfolio.js and bws-gallery-aside.js was removed.
V1.8 – 06.05.2015
* Bugfix: Header image was fixed.
* Bugfix: The permalink was removed from the single post/page title.
* Update: “Main Navigation” was internationalized.
* Update: The “System status” was removed from the theme.
V1.7 – 01.04.2015
* Update: We updated the theme to support features in WordPress 4.1.1.
* Update: Screenshot was updated.
* Update: The following files were updated: style.css, header.php, functions.php, screenshot.png.
V1.6 – 30.07.2014
* New: We added progression.pot file.
* Update: We update style.css.
V1.5 – 09.07.2014
* Bugfix: Bug in the searchbox was fixed.
V1.4 – 10.02.2014
* Update: The copyright information was updated.
* Update: The screenshot and the copyright information was updated.
* Update: Provided more detailed instructions on how to use the slider.
* Update: The theme information was updated – screenshot and comments.
* Bugfix: Non-printable characters bug was fixed.
* Update: Code formatting and indentation were fixed.
* Bugfix: Bug in the slider was fixed.