With this plugin, you can reattach previously uploaded images to other posts, as well as detach files from the post completely. Re-attacher allows you to manage both single files and groups of files. This plugin makes using our Gallery (to version 4.3.6) and Portfolio plugins a lot more convenient, as you won’t have to upload new images each time you may need them on your gallery or portfolio pages. Instead, you can use the uploaded files, which not only saves your time, but also helps you spare some space for your website.
Requires WordPress at least: 3.8
* Unattach any media file from the Media Library
* Attach any media file from the Media Library to any post
* Attach any media file to your gallery or portfolio
* Information on the files that are already attached
If you have a feature, suggestion or idea you’d like to see in the plugin, we’d love to hear about it! Suggest a Feature
* Russian (ru_RU)
* Ukrainian (uk)
Some of translations are incomplete. If you would like to create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files to BestWebSoft, and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for working with PO and MO files Poedit.
Dear users, our plugins are available for free download. If you have any questions or recommendations regarding the functionality of our plugins (existing options, new options, current issues), please feel free to contact us. Please note that we accept requests in English only. All messages in other languages won’t be accepted.
If you notice any bugs in the plugin’s work, you can notify us about them and we’ll investigate and fix the issue then. Your request should contain website URL, issues description and WordPress admin panel credentials.
Moreover, we can customize the plugin to match your requirements. It’s a paid service (as a rule it costs $40, but the price can vary depending on the amount of the necessary changes and their complexity). Please note that we could also include this or that feature (developed for you) in the next release and share with the other users then.
We can fix some things for free for the users who provide a translation of our plugin into their native language (this should be a new translation of a certain plugin, you can check available translations on the official plugin page).
1. Upload the
`re-attacher` folder to
2. Activate the plugin using the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
3. You can adjust the necessary settings using your WordPress admin panel in “BWS Panel” > “Re-attacher”.
I installed the plugin, but the attachment button did not appear in the gallery. Why?
Please make sure Re-attacher plugin is updated to the latest version.
Functionality for galleries downloading and displaying in dashboard was updated in the Gallery Free version 4.3.6 (Pro version 1.5.1), and now there is no need to re-attach the images.
Can I use this plugin for custom post types?
Yes, when attaching files from the media library, you will see all post types in the list of available posts.
How do I select multiple files for attaching in the media uploader?
Once the “Select Files” windo appears, please hold down Shift or Ctrl key, and select the files you want to attach.
Can I attach multiple files from the media library page?
Yes, you can. To do so, please use “Bulk Actions” drop-down list and select an action that will be applied to the group of media files at once.
Can I add an attachment button and metabox for my post types?
Unfortunately, this functionality is not available, but if you want you can request a paid customization and provide all the details in a private ticket on our support forum http://support.bestwebsoft.com. This way, we could develop the functionality that would match all of your requirements.
I have some problems with the plugin’s work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn’t been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem’s description:
- 1. the link to the page where the problem occurs
- 2. the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version – your order number.
- 3. the version of your WordPress installation
- 4. copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instuction on System Status
V1.0.8 – 12.10.2016
* Update : BWS plugins section is updated.
V1.0.7 – 21.06.2016
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.5.2.
* Bugfix : The compatibility error with current Gallery and Portfolio versions has been fixed.
V1.0.6 – 19.04.2016
* Update : Compatibility with Portfolio by BestWebSoft V2.37 and Portfolio Pro by BestWebSoft V1.0.4.
V1.0.5 – 09.12.2015
* Bugfix : The bug with plugin menu duplicating was fixed.
V1.0.4 – 03.11.2015
* Update : Textdomain was changed.
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.3.1.
V1.0.3 – 27.07.2015
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.3.
V1.0.2 – 04.06.2015
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.2.
* Update : BWS plugins section was updated.
V1.0.1 – 30.04.2015
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.1.
V1.0.0 – 22.01.2015
* Action: plugin release