In order to look beneath the surface, let’s consider the definition of customization. Generally, the customization is an action of modifying something or a result of modification made to suit a particular task or individual. If we talk about the plugin and theme customization, this means adding new specific features to the existing product or developing a brand new product based on the client’s requirements.
Based on the needs and tasks of the client, we deal with the following customization types.
Compatibility improvement (custom modification)
Our products are compatible with each other and with the official WordPress themes and plugins. There is a great number of plugins and themes and we try our best to provide compatibility with the most commonly used of them. Surely, we cannot provide interoperation with all existing plugins and themes.
New functionality development (custom development)
Our plugin development team is guided by the principle that simplicity means reliability. So, all our products are supposed to be simple but multifunctional at the same time. This is the reason we don’t push too hard with implementing new functionality and try not to overload the products with questionable and not truly needed features.
Nevertheless, our customers have a possibility to influence our products future development. Almost in every article dedicated to the updated functionality we highlight that if our users have some desired functionality they can always suggest new ideas. The most popular features are implemented on a first-priority basis.
WHY TO PAY?
And finally, we’ve got closer to the most basic question: why do you need to pay for the customization?
Every product has its own code structure. To tell in other words, every developer has its particular manner of code writing and thinking. That’s why in case of incompatibility troubleshooting every time our developers deal with the third-party plugin or theme, first they need to study the whole code logic in order to get to know how the product functions and only after that examine and solve the possible issues. Naturally, this takes some time and efforts.
If our clients ask for the specific product functionality for their own needs, we are always happy to provide assistance in the frames of custom development. We consider it possible to make some modifications and add the requested features to the client’s version of the product. In such situation, we are talking about new features development.
REQUIREMENT & COST
Before everything starts, it is extremely important for the client to understand that all his expectations and modification requirements should be described precisely. Going into more details ensures the most exact implementation of customization and saves the time for both the developer and the customer. Meanwhile, changing the course means extra money and time.
The cost of customization will be evaluated based on the requirements, terms, complexity and, of course, chosen customization option. If the client decides to add some extra features after the customization is started or completed, which is even worse, he should be ready to the fact that the total cost will be changed as per new requirements.
STAGES OF CUSTOMIZATION
No matter that customization type we deal with, the procedure is always the same.
1. So, after the required changes are described in great details, first of all, the developer estimates the possibility of customization and evaluates the time needed to implement it.
2. Then, if the client is ok with the terms and the price (and the payment is received), the developer takes up the customization.
3. After that, there is time for testing carried out by the tester.
4. In case everything works as expected, then comes the testing by the client.
5. If at any stage problems or bugs are detected, the developer starts working at bugfix and we are having one more additional stage that is called re-testing.
Finally, the customization can be considered completed when the plugin works as it is supposed to and the client is satisfied.
Now, you see that when we talk about the customization implementation the scheme is very similar to the new plugin development. And, naturally, is takes much time and requires great developer skills!
So, we provide paid customization for both free and premium plugins, and themes by BestWebSoft. Here are three available types of customization service:
1. Customization of current product version and providing the customer with files to be added to the product directory. Only the customer will have this particular version with changes. However, he will no longer be able to update the product, otherwise, the files will be overwritten.
2. Customization of current product version and providing the customer with files to be added to the product directory. In case no problems are detected, after some time we will add these files to the main product version so that the modification will be available to all product users. Also, the customer that ordered customization will be able to update the product without losing the needed files.
3. Сreation of a new product from scratch. The customer will have total exclusive rights to this product, namely, he can even sell it. Surely, the price will be higher than in the above-mentioned options. In order to get more detailed information about the third customization option please have a look at our article How Much Does It Cost To Develop a WordPress Plugin From Scratch.
It goes without saying that if you are interested in any kind of customization, feel free to contact our support team or ask your questions if there are any on our website.
Have a question? Contact Now!