ATTENTION! This plugin is an EXCLUSIVE ADD-ON for the Gallery Plugin and it will not work without it.
This plugin allows creating different categories of galleries on your site. This way, you could organize the galleries on your website, which makes navigating through your content a whole lot easier.
Requires WordPress at least: 3.8
* Adds all galleries, which the selected galleries was assigned to, to your page/post via the shortcode.
* Assigns default gallery category to all galleries the moment the plugin is activated and when saving/updating the post.
* When deleting a category, the galleries that belong to this category will not be deleted. Instead, these galleries will be moved to the category
* An option to rename the default category.
* Adding Gallery Categories Widget.
* Displaying Gallery Categories Widget in the Sidebar on your WordPress website
If you have a feature, suggestion or idea you’d like to see in the plugin, we’d love to hear about it! Suggest a Feature
* Russian (ru_RU)
* Ukrainian (uk)
If you would like to create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files to BestWebSoft, and we’ll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for working with PO and MO files Poedit.
Dear users, our plugins are available for free download. If you have any questions or recommendations regarding the functionality of our plugins (existing options, new options, current issues), please feel free to contact us. Please note that we accept requests in English only. All messages in other languages won’t be accepted.
If you notice any bugs in the plugin’s work, you can notify us about them and we’ll investigate and fix the issue then. Your request should contain website URL, issues description and WordPress admin panel credentials.
Moreover, we can customize the plugin to match your requirements. It’s a paid service (as a rule it costs $40, but the price can vary depending on the amount of the necessary changes and their complexity). Please note that we could also include this or that feature (developed for you) in the next release and share with the other users then.
We can fix some things for free for the users who provide a translation of our plugin into their native language (this should be a new translation of a certain plugin, you can check available translations on the official plugin page).
1. Upload the
`gallery-categories` folder to
2. Activate the plugin using the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
3. Create a page or a post and insert the shortcode [print_gllr cat_id=*] into the text.
How do I create a new gallery category?
There are two ways you can create a new gallery category. First way:
- 1. Similar to post categories, please click “Add new gallery category” when creating/editing a gallery.
- 2. Enter a title for a new gallery category and press “Enter.”
Alternately, you can do the following:
- 1. Please go to Edit Gallery Categories page.
- 2. Fill all the necessary fields and click “Add new gallery category.”
Can I delete a default gallery category?
No, you cannot delete it. All galleries should belong at least to one category. Default category option implies that new galleries, which do not have any category assigned to them, are automatically moved to default gallery category.
How can I change the title of default category?
- 1. Please go to Edit Gallery Categories page.
- 2. Click on the title of the default gallery category and enter the new one.
- 3. Save the changes.
How can I view all galleries that belong to a certain category of galleries?
1. Please paste the shortcode of the necessary gallery category to the page/post.
2. Please use the widget Gallery Categories.
I have some problems with the plugin’s work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn’t been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem’s description:
- 1. the link to the page where the problem occurs
- 2. the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version – your order number.
- 3. the version of your WordPress installation
- 4. copy and paste into the message your system status report. Please read more here: Instruction on System Status
V1.0.5 – 25.04.2016
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.5.
V1.0.4 – 09.12.2015
* Bugfix : The bug with plugin menu duplicating was fixed.
V1.0.3 – 26.10.2015
* Update : Textdomain was changed.
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.3.1.
V1.0.2 – 10.08.2015
* NEW : Widget Gallery Categories was added.
* Bugfix : We fixed bug with the Gallery categories displaying (when linking “View” in the Admin panel)
* Bugfix : We fixed the bug with widgets translation in the Admin Panel.
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.4.
V1.0.1 – 15.05.2015
* Update : BWS plugins section is updated.
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.2.2.
V1.0.0 – 09.02.2015
* Initial Release.