How to import or update the Country Table
*When using other versions some differences are possible to occur
** Screenshots were taken from a PC
Data about users’ IP addresses corresponds with the countries updates weekly, every Tuesday, and stored in the Country table.
Follow this instruction in order to download or update your Country Table:
1. Go to the Maxmind developer’s site and sign up or log-in or to your developer account.
2. Open the “My Account” page to reach your account summary.
3. Click on the “Download Databases” link.
4. Find the “GeoLite2 Country: CSV Format” block and click the “Download ZIP”.
5. A popup window will suggest the place to save a file. Select “Desktop” and click “Save”
6. Make sure that the zip-file has appeared on your desktop.
7. Rename the downloaded file to "GeoLite2-Country-CSV.zip"
8. Open your WordPress admin Dashboard. Go to “Multilanguage” > ”Settings” > ”Misc” tab.
9. Click the “Choose File” button under the “Import Database” option and choose the “GeoLite2-Country-CSV” archive from your PC.
10. After choosing the file click the “Import Now” button.
11. Wait till the end of the process.
12. If everything is done correctly you will see the “Table loading was finished successfully.” notification
Note: in case of “Not enough rights to import from the GeoLite2-Country-Blocks-IPv4.csv file, cannot be imported” error, you should set rights 755 to the following folders: wp-content, plugins, visitors-online and 644 to their files. In such a case, the plugin’s script will have enough rights to upload the file. Follow this link to find out more: https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions.
Help & Support
Visit our Help Center if you have any questions — https://support.bestwebsoft.com/
We provide additional services such as WordPress themes & plugins development,
graphic design, custom programming.
Contact us now to get a free quote — https://bestwebsoft.com/contacts/
Help & Support