Sometimes it is hard to protect a website from various hacks and public visibility. This is a very punctilious issue, because sometimes our clients have a lot of important information and files which are located on their websites, including FTP folders, databases, etc. Our task was to perform an analysis of the existing system/website, provide recommendations and fix all existing ‘holes’ and bugs in the security. So completed items are:
- removing of useless files (.bak, .tmp) from all directories;
- permission to view the content in directories;
- permission for reading error_log file;
- wp-security (plugin) clean up actions;
- plugins update checking action;
- WP system update checking actions;
- wp-admin folder protection (basic apachy auth).
All communication was performed through a Project Manager.