This plugin updates your WordPress and the plugins to the recent versions. It also has auto or manual mode for updating and allows you to make a backup before updating. Also, you can set email notifications before and after update. If needed, Updater Pro can even disable auto WP core update. It is all in one click!
Update your plugins and WordPress core
Choose the plugin mode and its periodicity
Send email notification when new versions are available
Send email notification after update
Add email notification
Sending test email
Make a backup before updating
Forbid some plugins or WordPress Core update
Disable auto WP core update
Detailed User Guide and FAQs
The answer to the question from support within one business day (More info)
After downloading and activating the plugin 'Updater Pro', You should go to the Updater Pro page in the 'BWS Plugins' menu. The plugin has four pages: Tools, Settings, User Guide and FAQ (with images). The plugin settings are available on the Settings Page.
On the Settings Page You can choose the plugin mode and set email notifications. If You would like to get email notifications, You can check their sending at the bottom of the page. This way You will see if mailing is not set up properly or emails getting marked as spam.
You can also turn on/off the backup option before updating. We strongly recommend You to turn it on! If you turn it on, You can choose 'Backup all folders' and 'Backup all tables in database'. By default the plugin makes a backup of the database tables that have a special WordPress prefix, as a rule this prefix is 'wp_' (all default WordPress tables have such prefix). So if You have some personal tables without this prefix by default, the plugin won't backup them. Moreover, by default the plugin makes backup copies of only WordPress folders (wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes) in the root directory, that is why if You really have some personal folders in the root directory and would like to backup them, You should use the option 'Backup all folders'. Please note that if You specify another names for WordPress folders (wp-admin, wp-content, wp-includes) in the file 'wp-settings.php', the plugin will use them instead of the default ones. If You have any doubts and not sure whether to check these two fields or not, You'd better check them off, but note that it may increase the backup size. Also, You can make a backup by clicking 'Create a test backup'. If You see the message informing that it could not be performed, this means that there is not enough disk space on the server or no permissions for the plugin directory.
If You would like to update your plugins or WordPress core in the manual mode You should go to the page 'Updater Pro | Tools'. If WordPress or some of Your plugins require update they are highlighted in red. Also You can forbid plugins or WordPress Core update. For this You should click the icon next to them and click 'Save & Update' for saving settings. Check off what You want to update and click 'Save & Update'. Wait until all results show up.
If you would like to create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text of PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we'll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Dear users, our plugins are available for free download. If you have any questions or recommendations regarding the functionality of our plugins (existing options, new options, current issues), please feel free to contact us. Please note that we accept requests in English only. All messages in another languages won't be accepted.
If you notice any bugs in the plugins, you can notify us about it and we'll investigate and fix the issue then. Your request should contain URL of the website, issues description and WordPress admin panel credentials.
Moreover we can customize the plugin according to your requirements. It's a paid service (as a rule it costs $40, but the price can vary depending on the amount of the necessary changes and their complexity). Please note that we could also include this or that feature (developed for you) in the next release and share with the other users then.
We can fix some things for free for the users who provide translation of our plugin into their native language (this should be a new translation of a certain plugin, you can check available translations on the official plugin page).
Upload the updater-pro folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin via the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Plugin settings are located in 'BWS Plugins', 'Updater Pro', 'Settings'.
The plugin doesn't send any emails
Please follow the instructions below:
Please check the plugin settings '/wp-admin/admin.php?page=updater-pro-options'
The plugin sends email notifications if any updates are available.
Some email messages can be marked as spam on the server. Enter email address ('Sender's name and email address), for example, gmail account or similar. If the message is approved (sent), this means that the email filtering is configured on your server.
Perhaps you didn't configure email sending. In this case You should install an extra plugin called WP-mail-SMTP and configure it. Afterwards you should send a test email from this plugin and you will see if the plugin logs have errors.
The plugin stopped sending emails after some time. What's the problem?
The plugin sends email notification if any updates are available. If there are no updates available, you won't get anything.
The time of sending does not match what I have specified (or default value)
The function of sending emails and updating runs when the site is active (when someone visits your site.) If there is no activity, it will run when the first activity appears. So the time can be shifted.
How often the plugin will search for updates or/and update plugins and WordPress if I did not specify the time?
Updater Pro does it every 12 hours by default. In auto mode Updater Pro updates plugins or WP if any updates are available.
I want the plugin to search for updates or/and update plugins and WordPress every 0.5 hours
It's impossible. The number of hours should be integer and it should not include more than 5 digits.
Where can I get the backup of my site?
The plugin creates a folder the name of which is the date and time of a backup. In this folder You can find the backup of the database in database.sql.zip and the backup of all files and folders in the zip archive. If there is no zip folder on your server, the backup won't be saved. You can find this folder in /wp-content/plugins/updater-pro/pdtrpr_storage/.
What should I do to restore my site if it's not working after update?
If you check off the backup option before updating in the plugin settings, You can restore Your website. For this You should restore files and MySQL database from a backup (see above - "Where can I get the backup of my site?"):
- First of all You should restore all files from a backup (see below - "How to restore files from a backup?")
- Please check Your website, if it's not working still, You should restore MySQL database (see below - "How to restore MySQL database from a backup?")
How to restore MySQL database from a backup?
In order to do so You should get access to the phpMyAdmin tool available in cPanel. The phpMyAdmin tool will be uploaded shortly. First You should choose the database you'll be importing data from, You can do this in the Database menu (upper left corner of the page). Then click the Import tab. You can import .sql file. Choose the file on Your computer. Please note that You can select a character set in the dropdown menu just below the upload window. If You are not sure about a character set just keep the default values. In order to start restoring process please click Go at the bottom right corner. After successful import of the database You will see the notification.
How to restore files from a backup?
To restore Your website You should change the existing files on Your site. This can be done via FTP using the file manager provided by Your hosting company, the panel (cPanel) or via FTP or SFTP client (such as Filezilla for PC or Transmit for Mac). cPanel contains the most easy functions for website restoring.
These are the steps to restore Your website using cPanel:
In order to do this You should get access to the File Manager tool available in your cPanel. Please find the zip archive containing the backup (see above - "Where can I get the backup of my site?") and extract it to the root folder.
If You would like to restore your website via FTP or SFTP client, please follow the instructions below. We will show how to do this via Filezilla:
Once You download and install Filezilla, use the function Quick Connect to connect to the FTP account. You should upload zip archive with the backup (see above - "Where can I get the backup of my site?") to your computer and exact it. Then change the existing files on your site. Please make sure you replaced the existing files with the new ones.
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
the link to the page where the problem occurs
the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
* Update : The outdated function wp_update_core for WordPress V. 3.7 and later was replaced.
* Bugfix : Security Exploit was fixed.
V1.11 - 15.07.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for Email Queue plugin.
V1.10 - 12.05.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
* NEW : Ability to disable auto WP core update.
V1.09 - 15.04.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.3.
V1.08 - 13.03.2014
* Budfix : Plugin optimization is done.
* Update : Screenshots and BWS menu were updated.
V1.07 - 04.02.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.1.
V1.06 - 16.12.2013
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.
* NEW : A notice when changing settings on the plugin's settings page was added.
* NEW : The Ukrainian language file is added to the plugin.
V1.05 - 18.11.2013
* NEW : Add checking installed wordpress version.
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.7.1.
* Update : Activation of radio button or checkbox by clicking on its label.
* NEW : The Serbian language file is added to the plugin.
* NEW : Add license key checking in the settings page.
V1.04 - 16.10.2013
* Bugfix : The code refactoring was performed.
* Bugfix : Final testing was done.
V1.03 - 29.03.2013
* Update : BWS plugins section is updated.
* NEW : Change default settings to the Updater plugin settings if it's installed.
V1.02 - 18.03.2013
* Bugfix : The code refactoring was performed.
* NEW : Tooltips were added.
* NEW : We added functional for displaying, checking and updating just active plugins.
V1.01 - 07.03.2013
* Bugfix : The code refactoring was performed.
* NEW : Css-style was added.
The first purchase grants you TOP-PRIORITY support and updates for the first six months since the moment of purchase.
For your convenience the product bills SEMI-ANNUALLY until cancelled. In case of payment renewing you will be granted FURTHER access to TOP-PRIORITY support and updates for the next 6 months. The payment may be cancelled any time. In case of payment cancellation you will be granted LIFETIME RIGHTS to use the product WITHOUT TOP-PRIORITY support or updates. Support will be provided on a regular basis.
Please follow these steps to complete your purchase:
1) Enter quantity of the required licenses and hit Add to cart button.2) Open the cart, enter your email address and hit Checkout button. If you have already made purchases, we strongly recommend to use the same email address.3) You will be redirected to the checkout system where you should enter your billing information.
1) If you are going to install the plugin on a sub domain (for example,dev.yourwebsite.com or test.yourwebsite.com), make sure to install and activate the plugin on the main domain at first (for example, yourwebsite.com).
2) All support questions will be accepted via our Support System only.3) Our free support will be provided only for original, NON-MODIFIED PRODUCTS. Support is provided for one domain/project per one regular license during 6 months after your purchase.4) You will get download link after transaction review. Usually it takes about 30 minutes to review one transaction. If you haven't got the download link after 24 hours from completion your payment, please feel free to contact us.
One plugin can be installed on one single domain and its subdomains.