Ratings and rankings have become a crucial part of our lives. You can treat them differently, but you can agree on one thing – the assessment of work, positive or not, increases the level of responsibility for your actions and makes you try harder. Even if it’s just a blog post or comment. Let’s recognize that the ability to rate or get a grade for your work is a pretty useful thing, and move on to the plugins that let you add this mechanism to your website.
6 Best WordPress Rating Plugins:
- kk Star Ratings
- Rate my Post – WP Rating System
- Like Button Rating
- Your – Yet Another Stars Rating
- WP- PostRating by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan
- Rating by BestWebSoft
1. kk Star Ratings by Kamal Khan
kk Star Ratings is a very popular star rating plugin. It has a wide possibility of customization, which is adjusting the number of stars, their position, design, and color. A big plus is the ability to limit the number of votes from one IP address. The downside is the bugs that some users write about after installing the latest version. The average rating at WordPress.org is 4 out of 5 stars.
Features kk Star Ratings by Kamal Khan
- The main feature of kkStaratings is support for Google Rich Snippets, with this thing page rank will be displayed in Google search results;
- Ability to turn off rating in posts depending on each category;
- Choose where to show the star ratings (homepage, posts, archives);
- The plugin is open-source and free to use the software.
2. Rate my Post – WP Rating System by Blaz K.
Rate my Post is the top-rated plugin that allows you easily add and customize rating functionality to your website. A very useful feature is analytics section that has information about users, such as usernames, IP, time spent on the page before rating and others. Rate my Post is Almost every reviewer praises simplicity and functionality. The plugin often gets new updates. The average rating at WordPress.org is 5 out of 5 stars.
Features Rate my Post – WP Rating System by Blaz K.
- Displays social follow or share button after leaving a positive rating. You can adjust which rating is positive in settings;
- Using the settings you can choose the design of your rating system from “Hurts” to “Trophies” logos;
- Simple to use. All you need to do is place the shortcode to the right place and wait for feedback;
- Opportunity to protect a website from bost via reCAPTCHA v3.
3. Like Button Rating by LikeBtn
Over 80 settings, 241 themes, 40 languages, WooCommerce support, GDPR compliant, the ability to vote on publications, pages, comments, donations – all these features are completely free. The plugin is free to use, but there are also paid versions that expand the functionality. Great for any type of website. Like Button Voting & Rating is a very high-quality, easy to use and set up and diverse plugin. The average rating at WordPress.org is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Features Like Button Rating by LikeBtn
- A nice feature is the possibility to add a donate button to popup;
- It is well integrated with the Google search engine so the rating of your article will be displayed in the search results;
- Compatible with WooCommerce, BuddyPress, and bbPress plugins;
- Full support for multisite mode and widget for displaying top-rated materials.
4. Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating by Dario Curvino
As the title says, this is another star rating plugin. Every webmaster wants to raise the website popularity fast and easy, this plugin can help you with this. YASR is a popular, simple, lightweight plugin, that will help you to improve user experience. YASR is one of the best choices if you want to add an unproblematic rating system to your website. The average rating at WordPress.org is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Features Yasr – Yet Another Stars Rating by Dario Curvino
- Multiset feature. Multisets allow scoring various aspects depending on what exactly you are reviewing. For example, if you’re reviewing a movie, you can create aspects like “Sound”, “Acting”, “Story”, etc;
- Migration tool. If you want to change the rating plugin on your website for some reason YASR makes it painless. You can migrate to it from kk Star Ratings, Multi Rating and Rate My Post;
- Different types of ratings for reviewers and visitors;
- The lack of congestion affects performance well and does not affect site speed.
5. WP- PostRating by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan
A simple plugin that meets basic needs. But simple does not mean bad or non-functional. It allows you to integrate the rating system on every post and page. To do this, you need to make edits to your WordPress theme. For selected pages, you can use a shortcode. WP- PostRating is the most popular rating plugin in the list with more than 90,000 active installations. You can also choose a design of the rating bar in settings. The average rating at WordPress.org is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Features WP-PostRating by Lester ‘GaMerZ’ Chan
- You can add or change your site logo for Google Rich Snippets. By default, it uses the sites header logo;
- Ability to allow or forbid someone to send a rating to your post or page and set the rating value for each of the rating options;
- Opportunity to easily sort most and least rated posts;
- The code can be placed almost everywhere, including the widget area.
6. Rating by BestWebSoft
Rating by BestWebSoft is a simple and powerful plugin of our own development, that can add a five-star rating to your website posts, widgets, and pages. Choose where you want to display rating statistics and simply enjoy your customer’s reviews. The highly customizable, user-friendly setting, that allows you to tune the plugin without modifying code. The excellent appearance and flexible configuration make it a great choice for beginners and professionals. Our plugin also has detailed documentation and video tutorial. The average rating at WordPress.org is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Features Rating by BestWebSoft
- Option for non-logged-in users to submit ratings;
- Customizable rating styles like star color, star color on mouseover, star size, text color, and size;
- Ability to add your own custom code via the plugin settings page;
- You can combine the average rating with a rate option.
These are our top 6 best rating plugins for WordPress. Of course, there are a lot more of them on the Internet, but we tried to make a list of the most popular and best of them. Some of the plugins have wider functionality, some of them are more flexible and voluminous. But each of them meets modern requirements and does things that they made for. We are confident that this list will allow you to make the right choice, to improve user experience on your website.