Google Sitemap Pro allows you to create and add a Sitemap file to Google Webmaster Tools as well as to add a path to your sitemap file in robots.txt. You will have an ability to get information about your site in Google Webmaster Tools. In addition, you will be able to change XML Sitemap parameters like "Change Frequency" as well as to exclude certain post types or pages from your sitemap file. Google Sitemap Pro plugin is an extremelly easy and useful tool.
Video instruction on Installation
Google Sitemap Pro
You can create and add a Sitemap file to Google Webmaster Tools
Add a path to your sitemap file in robots.txt
Ability to exclude certain pages or post types from your sitemap file
Ability to change XML Sitemap "Change Frequency" parameter
Top-priority support within one business day (More info)
The author of the Google Sitemap Pro also recommends the following plugins:
* Updater - This plugin updates WordPress core and the plugins to the recent versions. You can also use the auto mode or manual mode for updating and set email notifications.
There is also a premium version of the plugin Updater Pro with more useful features available. It can make backup of all your files and database before updating. Also it can forbid some plugins or WordPress Core update.
* Russian (ru_RU)
* Ukrainian (uk)
If you create your own language pack or update the existing one, you can send the text in PO and MO files for BestWebSoft and we'll add it to the plugin. You can download the latest version of the program for work with PO and MO files Poedit.
Dear users, our plugins are available for free download. If you have any questions or recommendations regarding the functionality of our plugins (existing options, new options, current issues), please feel free to contact us. Please read the documentation and information on our Support Forum carefully before contacting us. Please note that we accept requests in English only. All messages in another languages won't be accepted.
If you notice any bugs in the plugins, you can notify us about it and we'll investigate and fix the issue then. Your request should contain URL of the website, issues description and WordPress admin panel credentials.
Moreover we can customize the plugin according to your requirements. It's a paid service (as a rule it costs $40, but the price can vary depending on the amount of the necessary changes and their complexity). Please note that we could also include this or that feature (developed for you) in the next release and share with the other users then.
We can fix some things for free for the users who provide translation of our plugin into their native language (this should be a new translation of a certain plugin, you can check available translations on the official plugin page).
Upload the folder google-sitemap-pro to the directory /wp-content/plugins/.
Activate the plugin via the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
The site settings are available in "BWS Plugins"->" Google Sitemap Pro".
After opening the plugin settings page your Sitemap file will be created automatically. If you already have a Sitemap file and do not want to change it, just do not check off the field "I want to create a new sitemap file".
If you do not want a Sitemap file to be added to Google Webmaster Tools automatically, just follow the brief instruction. In another case you should enter your login and password and choose the necessary action.
In order to add a path to your sitemap file in robots.txt you do not need to enter login and password, you should just select the necessary field and click "Update button". If you're using multisiting, the plugin does not allow to add a sitemap to robots.txt
How to create sitemap.xml file?
After opening the Settings page the sitemap.xml file will be created automatically in the site root.
How to replace the existing sitemap.xml file?
Select "I want to create a new sitemap file" and click "Update", the sitemap file will be recreated then.
How to add a site to Google Webmaster Tools?
Select "I want to add this site to Google Webmaster Tools" and click "Update". Your site will be added to Google Webmaster Tools and verified, afterwards your sitemap file will be added.
How can I remove a site from Google Webmaster Tools?
Select "I want to delete this site from Google Webmaster Tools" and click "Update".
How can I get information about my site in Google Webmaster Tools?
Select "I want to get info about this site in Google Webmaster Tools" and click "Update".
I have some problems with the plugin's work. What Information should I provide to receive proper support?
Please make sure that the problem hasn't been discussed yet on our forum (http://support.bestwebsoft.com). If no, please provide the following data along with your problem's description:
the link to the page where the problem occurs
the name of the plugin and its version. If you are using a pro version - your order number.
Google sitemap Pro Settings page on the hosting which doesn't support cURL.
Google sitemap Pro Extra Settings page.
V1.1.7 - 12.08.2014
* Bugfix : Security Exploit was fixed.
V1.1.6 - 04.08.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 4.0 Beta 2.
* Budfix : Bug with adding sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools is fixed.
V1.1.5 - 14.07.2014
* Budfix : We added updating for the sitemap file when changing the status of the post from publish to private.
V1.1.4 - 12.05.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.9.1.
V1.1.3 - 15.04.2014
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.3.
* Budfix : Bug related on the sitemap link in the robots.txt was fixed.
V1.1.2 - 12.03.2014
* Budfix : Plugin optimization is done.
V1.1.1 - 30.01.2014
* NEW: Ability to change sitemap "Change Frequency".
* Update : We updated all functionality for wordpress 3.8.1.
* Bugfix : Bug related on host name with HTTPS was fixed.
V1.1 - 15.01.2014
* Bugfix : Bug related on The link which get's added to the robots.txt was fixed.
V1.0 - 05.01.2014
* NEW : Tree of site pages was created.
The first purchase grants you TOP-PRIORITY support and updates for the first six months since the moment of purchase.
For your convenience the product bills SEMI-ANNUALLY until cancelled. In case of payment renewing you will be granted FURTHER access to TOP-PRIORITY support and updates for the next 6 months. The payment may be cancelled any time. In case of payment cancellation you will be granted LIFETIME RIGHTS to use the product WITHOUT TOP-PRIORITY support or updates. Support will be provided on a regular basis.
Please follow these steps to complete your purchase:
1) Enter quantity of the required licenses and hit Add to cart button.2) Open the cart, enter your email address and hit Checkout button. If you have already made purchases, we strongly recommend to use the same email address.3) You will be redirected to the checkout system where you should enter your billing information.
1) If you are going to install the plugin on a sub domain (for example,dev.yourwebsite.com or test.yourwebsite.com), make sure to install and activate the plugin on the main domain at first (for example, yourwebsite.com).
2) All support questions will be accepted via our Support System only.3) Our free support will be provided only for original, NON-MODIFIED PRODUCTS. Support is provided for one domain/project per one regular license during 6 months after your purchase.4) You will get download link after transaction review. Usually it takes about 30 minutes to review one transaction. If you haven't got the download link after 24 hours from completion your payment, please feel free to contact us.
One plugin can be installed on one single domain and its subdomains.